-->

Saturday 14 November 2009

My new NAS

Hi all,

I'm currently working on personnal developments around BI and I needed a little NAS to store everything.

Finally, last week, I chose the Digitus one. A really nice piece of hardware. I think Digitus is a German company.
Let's have a look closer :
  • Dual SATA disks,
  • Raid 1 (mirror),
  • Embedded HTTP and FTP server,
  • Multiple filesystems (ext, ntfs, fat ...),
  • File sharing,
  • Ethernet,
  • Torrent features (continue to download from torrents when your PC is off),
  • Dual USB2 plugs and special features to copy from usb to internal disks.

I also bought two SATA disks with 1 To. These two disks are now in Raid 1 (mirror) in order to secure all my data.

Speed is good, both with reading and writing. I just tried to open and use a vmware virtual machine from this NAS and everything worked well. The NAS is provided with an external PSU and is not very noisy (ok to stand on a corner of my desk).

Here are some pics.




No comments: